When you think about aging skin, you probably envision crow’s feet around the eyes, laugh lines around the mouth, and other facial wrinkles. However, it’s not just the face where your skin shows your age. As you get older, you may start to notice sagging and crepiness in the skin on the arms, legs, and midsection. And while you may know of many options to address aging facial skin, you may not be as familiar with the treatments available for aging skin in the body.
How Skin Changes with Age
The skin on your body is different from facial skin—it is less exposed to sunlight, responds differently to hormonal changes, and is thicker. However, it is not immune to age-related damage. As you get older, you may notice that skin becomes more slack, especially on the hands, upper arms, thighs, and buttocks. It can also begin to show crepiness, or a scalloped appearance in the skin accompanied by sagging. Furthermore, you may find it challenging to keep your skin well moisturized. Dry skin gets more common with age, and that dryness can contribute to continuing changes in the skin’s appearance.
Body Contouring Procedures
Changes in your skin’s texture and appearance may not be the only sign of aging you notice in your body. You might also find that you have hard-to-tone pockets of fat in spots that weren’t problem areas when you were younger, such as the upper arms. For these issues, body contouring may be appropriate. Non-surgical body contouring procedures can help to tone problem areas similar to liposuction. Here’s a look at the medical spa treatment options you might explore with your plastic surgeon to address signs of aging in the body.
- CoolSculpting® – Much like SculpSure™, CoolSculpting® destroys targeted fat cells. However, it does so by freezing the fat cells through a topical applicator. It leaves the skin unharmed as stubborn areas of fat are sculpted.
- SculpSure™ – If you’ve noticed new problem areas of fat that just won’t respond to diet and exercise, SculpSure™ can help restore a toned, smooth appearance. This treatment uses light-based energy to destroy fat cells beneath the skin without harming the skin itself.
- Thermage® – Using radiofrequency energy, Thermage® targets the deeper layers of skin to restructure existing collagen and trigger new collagen production. As a result, treatment can tighten skin in target areas and even temporarily reduce the appearance of cellulite. It is an appropriate treatment for both the face and body, offering a flexible solution for your aging skin concerns.
BodiFirm Topical Treatment
If your primary concern is skin texture and not fat reduction, then a topical, at-home treatment may be your preference. Thanks to Revision Skincare, you can see amazing results with this type of treatment. BodiFirm by Revision Skincare is a one-of-a-kind product that contours and firms the skin to restore its youthful glow. It is specifically formulated for the body to address skin elasticity, crepiness, sun damage, and dryness. It is also especially helpful for toning the skin following body contouring treatments. Here’s a look at how BodiFirm performed in clinical trials of women ages 40-60:
- 97% saw an improvement in skin crepiness.
- 90% saw an improvement in skin dryness and skin elasticity.
- 83% saw an improvement in photo-damage.
Perfection Plastic Surgery and Skincare can guide you through your body contouring and skincare options in Tucson, AZ. Dr. Peter Kay and our med spa team will carefully assess your skincare needs and provide recommendations personalized to you. Additionally, we are the only Tucson plastic surgery practice offering BodiFirm by Revision Skincare. For a limited time, we will be offering 20% off this revolutionary product.