The world’s #1 non-invasive fat-reduction procedure.
Do you have stubborn fat? Weight loss shrinks fat cells but CoolSculpting eliminates them.
What is COOLSCULPTING?
CoolSculpting® is the only FDA-cleared, non-surgical fat-reduction treatment using controlled and comfortable cooling to eliminate fat*. Ultrasound or cryolipolysis targets fat cells which are eliminated iin the following months after treatment to the belly, flanks, chin, arms, back, banana roll and/or buttocks.
How it works
When scientists at Harvard University observed that children who ate popsicles got dimples in their cheeks, the scientists—Dieter Manstein, MD and R. Rox Anderson, MD—realized that the popsicles were freezing and eliminating small pockets of fat cells. The idea that cold can target fat cells—without damaging the skin or surrounding tissue—was the insight behind Cryolipolysis®, the proven science on which the CoolSculpting procedure is based. The CoolSculpting procedure safely delivers precisely controlled cooling to gently and effectively target the fat cells underneath the skin. Treated fat cells are crystalized (frozen), and die. Over time, your body naturally processes the fat and eliminates these dead cells, leaving a more sculpted you.
What we love about it
It’s enduring (in most cases)! More than 5 million procedures have been performed across the world according to http://www.coolsculpting.com/. It’s safe, effective, and after a few treatments lasting 25-60 minutes, patients report very high satisfaction in the result.
What to expect
Your first consultation will create a body plan to eliminate fat. At treatment time, a gel pad and applicator are applied to target areas. Within 60 minutes you will be free to resume normal activities. Results will begin to show for some patients within 3 weeks. Best results are seen in 1-3 months as the body naturally eliminates fat cells.
How many treatments?
You may achieve your goals in just 2-4 treatments.
Possible side effects
During the procedure you may experience sensations of pulling, tugging, mild pinching, intense cold, tingling, stinging, aching, and cramping at the treatment site. These sensations subside as the area becomes numb. Following the procedure, typical side effects include temporary redness, swelling, blanching, bruising, firmness, tingling, stinging, tenderness, cramping, aching, itching, or skin sensitivity. Sensation of fullness in the back of the throat after submental area treatment. These effects are temporary and generally resolve within days or weeks. Though rare, some additional side effects may occur.
What others are saying
“It took a few weeks as I observed my results daily but then my pants felt like they were starting to fit better, my belt could be worn on a looser notch, and my stomach really flattened out! There’s no doubt in the result-it was pretty dramatic.”
Is the CoolSculpting procedure painful?
Some patients experience slight discomfort, a sensation of cold which numbs within minutes. Many people read or nap during the procedure and may experience some soreness after treatment.
Is there any downtime?
As a non-surgical procedure, you can return to normal activities after your treatment; many people go straight to work after CoolSculpting.
How long will the results last?
Because fat cells are eliminated, the results are long-lasting.
Is it right for you?
If you have had difficulty eliminating stubborn fat, see us for a consultation to decide if CoolSculpting® might be right for you.
How long has CoolSculpting® been available?
CoolSculpting® was officially approved by the FDA in September, 2010. *In the U.S., the CoolSculpting procedure is FDA-cleared for the treatment of visible fat bulges in the submental area, thigh, abdomen and flank, along with bra fat, back fat, underneath the buttocks (also known as banana roll), and upper arm.
Are you a Good Candidate?
Here are some common reasons why you may want to consider nonsurgical fat reduction:
- You are in relatively good shape but have modest bulges of fat on your abdomen, flanks, back or thighs that you’d like removed.
- You have pockets of fat that are resistant to diet and exercise .
- You wish to achieve a trimmer look without having to undergo an invasive surgical procedure.
- It is important to note that nonsurgical fat reduction is not a weight loss treatment. This procedure is best suited for treating very limited volumes of fat of the abdomen, flanks, back and thighs. Because larger volumes of fat require multiple nonsurgical treatments, liposuction is probably a better option for larger fat accumulations.
- If you are in good general health and have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are most likely a good candidate for this procedure.
- Effective in diminishing stubborn areas of unwanted body fat.
- Outpatient treatment with little to no downtime and minimal discomfort.
- No incision required.
- Multiple treatment sessions may be needed to produce satisfactory results.
- Small burns are extremely rare but have been noted with ultrasound devices.
- Temporary redness and numbness may occur.
These are the top three pros and cons to weigh when considering nonsurgical fat reduction. If you want to focus on those specifically unique to you, please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon.
When to Consider Nonsurgical Fat Reduction?
Three reasons to consider:
- If you are struggling with pockets of fat that are resistant to diet and exercise programs.
- If you have undesirable but limited fat deposits on your abdomen, flanks, back or thighs.
- If you wish to achieve a trimmer appearance without having to undergo surgery.