chin augmentation in tucson
The goal of chin augmentation is to improve your profile by creating balance between your chin and other facial features. A small, or recessed, chin can be described as one that seems to disappear into the neck of an individual of normal weight rather than appearing as a distinct facial feature.
When to Consider a Chin Augmentation
- If you have a ‘weak’ chin and you wish to improve the definition of your jawline.
- If you have a receding chin and are looking to bring your profile into balance.
Dr. Kay’s Approach
Dr. Kay uses a chin implant to augment the chin. This firm, silicone implant is inserted through incisions inside your mouth or underneath your chin.
- Increasing the projection of your chin has the effect of strengthening your overall facial appearance, and will not interfere with your bite or jaw function.
- Your chin will be taped following surgery.
- Recovery from chin augmentation takes about a week, although there will be some swelling that resolves within a month or two.
- Infection is possible, which would necessitate removal of the implant.
Although chin augmentation can be done as a stand-alone procedure, it also serves as an appropriate add on to a face lift or neck lift. Fillers can also be considered in an effort to achieve a good balance between all facial features.
Initially the chin implant will feel somewhat tender and hard. Over time, the implant will feel like a normal part of your jaw.