At it’s very core, Perfection Plastic Surgery provides optimal patient care by a dedicated team with far reaching expertise. Dr. Kay is highly trained, has years of experience and is recognized as one of the leading plastic surgeons in the southwest. In all areas of plastic surgery, ranging from office-based excisions, to cosmetic makeovers, to complex reconstruction following trauma, we believe that it’s our personalized and broad-based experience that allows us to offer the best care to our patients, regardless of the procedure they require.
When to Consider a Facelift
- If you show signs of facial aging, but still have some skin elasticity.
- If you are looking to lift the cheeks, soften the nasolabial folds, minimize marionette lines, lift the jowls, define the jaw line, tighten the neck, remove neck fat and/or decrease facial wrinkles.
- If even when you are healthy and energetic, people say you appear tired or sad because of aging in the midface, jawline and neck.
Dr. Kay’s Approach
I strive to achieve a natural, rejuvenated appearance with long-lasting results through my approach to facial rejuvenation. I devise a plan to meet your specific goals, with consideration to your facial skin, bones and volume. The face is evaluated in thirds, assessing the brow, the cheeks and the neck. We can do procedures on each individual third of the face or combinations. The most common combination which people call a ‘facelift’ is the cheek-neck lift combination.
- A facelift will remove sagging skin and restore normal facial contours.
- A natural, rejuvenated appearance with long-lasting results can be achieved.
- Facial surgery is not designed to change your fundamental appearance and cannot stop the aging process.
- There is downtime associated with this procedure.
For the face that has lost tissue volume, fat transfers can be done at the time of the facelift procedure. This not only delivers facial volume, but stem cells contained in the prepared, autologous fat can improve the overall quality of your skin. As an alternative, the use of dermal fillers can restore facial volume and fill in specific, deeper wrinkles and folds. If skin conditions such as discoloration, uneven tone, texture, fine lines, wrinkles and poor elasticity are present, fractionated laser resurfacing at the time of surgery is performed to improve the skin’s quality, leading to a more comprehensive, balanced result.
The most common combination, which people call a “facelift,” is the cheek-neck lift combo. A neck lift is the procedure of choice when you have sagging skin of the neck only. It involves removing excess skin and fat as well as repositioning the underlying muscles and tissue. The result is a better defined neck and jaw line. When facial sagging in the cheek area is pronounced in the presence of a more normal neckline, a cheek lift alone may be suggested.